CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

31 December 2011

A Review of my 2011 Goals

Since it's the last day of 2011, it's time to do a self-check on how my goals went this year.  I'm a little apprehensive about doing this, because to be totally honest, I think that I really didn't do that great on my goals.  I guess that's just life and new year's resolutions and the good news is that I have next year so...  here goes. 

To see my post about my goals for 2011, see HERE.


1.  Read the scriptures daily.

This is the goal that I completed this year.  Maybe I should just pick one for next year.  :)  I read my scriptures every day this year.  I read the Book of Mormon 3 times.  I read all of the General Conference talks several times.  I read the New Testament, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price. 

Reading my scriptures daily brought so many blessings into my life.  I feel like I had the spirit with me more regularly and more noticeably.  I was able to learn more and strengthen my testimony.  I was also able to connect the words of our modern-day prophets with the writings of past prophets.  I was also able to set an example for the young women in our ward, as well as my family.  This has definitely become a habit and I plan on keeping it up.


2.  Attend the temple twice a month.

I started the year off doing great with my temple attendance.  I think, if I remember correctly, that I was able to get to the temple twice a month up until June.  Then, summer happened, trips happened, the temple closed for cleaning, and I didn't make it a high enough priority.  This is definitely something I need to do a better job at and will definitely be one of my goals for next year.


3.  Lose 20+ pounds by eating healthy and working out and/or training regularly.

This SO didn't happen.  I worked out pretty diligently in January, then got sick and it was a battle throughout the year to get into a routine.  I ran pretty regularly in August.  I worked out sporadically throughout the fall.  I absolutely have got to GET IT TOGETHER and get my workouts in.  I'm hoping a new family challenge will help me to kick it in gear here in January, as well as some other goals I'm working on for 2012.


4.  Write daily.

I thought I would do a better job at this goal than I actually did.  I think I just need to do a better job of prioritizing my day and being a little bit more productive so that I feel ok about taking the time to write and work on my own goals.  I have done better with this lately, but only because I've been making it a priority and adding it to my "to do" list.


5.  Develop a new skill or talent.

Honestly, I had forgotten about this goal.  Ooops...I guess that's sort of the point of re-evaluating progress.  However, I think this is another goal that I've been working on and successful at.  I learned to crochet this summer.  I haven't done it much since then and I absolutely need to keep working on it, but I did learn.  I also joined the ward choir and was able to work on my singing...not that I have a nice voice at all, but I did work on it.  The working on singing led to getting my keyboard out and playing the piano, so I will have to check this goal off as one that I definitely completed.


6.  PR at the 1/2 Ironman distance. I'm leaning towards the Bear Lake Brawl in August.

I don't even know what to say about this goal.  It's on my list of goals for 2012.  Last year just got super insane over the summer and I didn't take the time to train.  In fact, my races last year pretty much sucked.  I didn't finish Little Red Riding Hood.  I'm not even sure what I signed up for and am not coming up with any races that I did at all last year.

That has to change.  I LOVE racing and I really need to make sure that I'm doing races because it's part of who I am.  I will say that I have been working on my race schedule for 2012.  Tim is on board with my doing a 1/2IM, so we'll see how that goes.

So, there's my self-evaluation.  I'm thinking that maybe I should just pick 3 goals for next year, so maybe I should pace myself and not have so many things to be working on at once.  I'll write more tomorrow about my goals for 2012, but I'm thinking it will definitely be better. 

0 comments: