CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

14 December 2011

The First Day of Christmas

Last year was my first Christmas being married and I decided to do the 12 Days of Christmas for Tim.  It went so well that I decided to do it again this year.  I haven't had as much time to work on it this year, but I think I've got some good ideas and that it's going to go well. 

 
This was Tim's surprise this morning.  It was also the start of the 12 Days last year, but I chose it for a reason.  I think it's good to go back to romantic places and remind ourselves about the memories that happened there. 
 So, off we went to Starbucks.  Tim got a hot caramel apple cider and I had a non-fat caramel steamer.  I really wanted a hot chocolate, but I decided to forgo the calories.  What was funny was that our cups had these "romantic" statements on them!


After we got our drinks, we headed to the tabernacle to enjoy our hot chocolate...except neither of us had hot chocolate, under our tree. 
In case you've forgotten, this is the tree where we first talked about getting married and also where Tim used one of the needles to pick some pepper out of my teeth.  It's definitely a "romantic" spot.  I should also mention that this summer, when the tabernacle parking lot was under construction, we worried that this tree might get cut down, but it wasn't, so we still have our spot.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Ahhhh, now that's true love when he picks the pepper out of your mouth, and YOU let him! No wonder this marriage is going strong now for one whole year!! Anxious to read the next 11 days events.

Tim said...

aahh wifey. And that's why I love you.

Also, as I recall, it's wasn't hard to pick your teeth that day because you were grinning and laughing so hard...I'm sure I'll have the opportunity again someday ;-)

Unknown said...

so sweet. I love this!