CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

09 February 2009

Week 4 Training - Boise 1/2IM

February 9, 2009 - SWIM
Sprints 2550 yds - I really struggled with this workout. I'm not sure if its because I'm operating on 3 hours of sleep or if I'm just super slow. I felt like I was swimming in mud today. However, I did finish it. I think I even did the workout correctly.

February 10, 2009 - BIKE
VO2 max workout 62 min. - I actually talked myself into doing this workout right after work and I'm glad that I did. It totally wore me out. My HR peaked at 174 bpm, and I was definitely working at puke pace. That is hard to get to on the bike...

February 11, 2009 - RUN + YOGA
Intervals 50 min. - When the alarm went off this morning, I didn't want to get up. In fact, I decided to go back to sleep. However, I didn't go back to sleep, so I thought I would watch tv and saw that it was raining. Yay...I don't have to run. Well, at 5:07am, I decided to just get my act together and head over to the fieldhouse to run. I actually did it...and am really glad that it's done for the day. Yoga Wednesday is not happening tonight due to happy baby news, but I may decide to actually do yoga on my own...we'll see...

February 12, 2009 - SWIM
2600 yds. negative splits - This workout was one that I had a hard time mentally getting through. I just wanted to be done and felt like it was taking forever. I ended up just talking myself through each section of the workout and then finally finished. I feel like I'm swimming really slow right now and I'm not sure why. Hopefully, that will improve.

February 13, 2009 - BIKE
Lactate Threshold Test - I did the workout this morning. I'll write more about it a bit later. My average HR for the 20 min test was 156. I have no idea if its good or not, but at least I have a baseline to start working from.

February 14, 2009 - RUN
Easy 30 min run. YAY! - I ran on Saturday morning with the team. My legs were feeling heavy from the hard bike workout the day before and running in the snow wasn't especially fun. However, it was very nice to be able to turn around and finish in 34 min instead of running 6-8 miles. I considered running longer, but decided (with the advice of a very wise friend) to use the day as a short workout and allow my body to recover.

February 15, 2009 - REST

0 comments: