CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

02 February 2009

Week 3 Training - Boise 1/2IM

February 2, 2009 - SWIM
2500 yds - moderate pace - I just finished this workout and it felt really long. I only did 300 yds of drills, but lots of moderately paced 100s, 75s, 50s, and 25s. I was definitely ready to be done when it was over. My time for today was 57:19.

February 3, 2009 - RUN + BIKE
Lactate Threshold Test - Key Workout - I woke up to do this workout and checked the weather to see what to wear. It said -19 with the windchill, 1 was the temperature. 1 degree. That's not even a real temperature!!! So, I did not run outside at 5am. However, I'm waiting to hear from Chris on when to do this workout, perhaps this afternoon when its up to 14. It's a heat wave!?! I' m moving this workout to Friday or Saturday.
VO2 max workout - Last week when I did this workout, I didn't work hard enough, so when I hopped on the bike, I had every intention of busting my butt. I think I did. My HR peaked at 168, which rarely happens on the trainer. I felt like I was going to yak during the intervals. Yay puke pace. But, it was a good workout and I feel like, hopefully, I worked hard enough.

February 4, 2009 - YOGA
Tonight is the first yoga Wednesday in quite awhile. Yoga went better than I thought it would. I was pleasantly surprised at my ability to do tree pose. I think the best part though was when it was over. It will definitely be good to get back into the yoga mode.

February 5, 2009 - REST

February 6, 2009 - RUN + SWIM
VO2max Workout - Well, I did this workout this morning and I'm not at all pleased with the results. I also ended up with an upset stomach, so...but it's done.
2550 yds. Ladders and Sprints - Apparently, I need to learn how to read a swim workout. I did 750 yds of warm up, and then ladders, and then realized I'd been in the pool for an hour, so I did a few 25s and then my legs cramped up really badly. I guess running and swimming on the same day doesn't work so well...especially when the calves were crampy from the run.
**These two workouts wiped me out.

February 7, 2009 - BIKE + RUN
Big gear work - I did this workout in the afternoon with the ipod and really enjoyed it. It was 90 min of intervals on the trainer, but the music helped pass the time.
45 min. with ramp ups - I ran with the team for this workout. It was nice and warm and sunny and glorious. I actually had shorts on and got a little bit of sunshine on my legs which made me happy. It was windy, but I'll take the wind if I can wear shorts.

February 8, 2009 - REST
I got all of my workouts in this week (HOORAY) so I truly rested today without feeling any guilt about training or missing any workouts or anything. I also spent alot of time sleeping which was also quite nice.

1 comments:

See You at the Finish Line said...

Oooh, that lactate threshold test sounds like so much fun! :)