CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

03 February 2009

Inspiration and Fear

This morning while I was eating my peanut butter oatmeal (the only way the oatmeal goes down), I was reading my Bicycling magazine and came across blurb on a man named Burke Swindlehurst. The first thing that caught my attention was that he was from Utah (yay!), but as I kept reading through his quotes, he said something that really resonated with me. He said,

"Don't be afraid to attack and give everything. You have to push yourself to the limit to learn where that limit is. In every race I've ever won, I took a risk."

Wow...What a statement! So, I gave it some thought and I think this statement applies to so many things other than racing. It applies to life and work and relationships and racing and everything. If you know me, you know that I have a fault or strength depending on who you ask. When I decide to do something, I do it with my whole heart. So, I'm totally okay with giving everything. I'm not so great at taking risks though, so I think this quote has given me some new inspiration and drive to strive to be a better, faster, wiser person. Hope it inspires you all too!

Oh, and since we're on the inspiration topic, check out this link for a really great video!

http://www.maniacworld.com/are-you-going-to-finish-strong.html

1 comments:

See You at the Finish Line said...

Wow! That is an amazing video AJ. Thanks for sharing.