CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

01 January 2009

Goals for 2009

Because I've talked so much about goal setting in the last week or so, I want to post my goals in order to be transparent. It's certainly not fair for me to talk about goal setting and excellence if I'm not willing to participate in the process. So, here's my kind of big goal for 2009.

~I will place in the top 50% of my age group at the Boise Ironman 70.3.~


There it is...out there for the world to see. I checked out the results from last year and in order for me to do this, I will need to 6:23. That will mean taking off 42 minutes from my 1/2 IM last year, but I know that it's totally doable. In fact, I feel like it's actually quite realistic. This goal will definitely require several smaller goals to be achieved before this one happens. I won't get into all of the gritty details, but since I did talk about putting together a playbook, here's a short list of things that need to happen in order to be successful at the 1/2IM distance.

~Follow my training plan. I'm going to be working with Chris Sweet and his new coaching company Revolution Multisport to develop a personalized training plan that will work for me.

~Get back down to my racing weight. I'm working on developing a nutrition plan that will fuel my body for my training, but will also put me in a caloric deficit so that I'm losing fat and building muscle.

~Focus on building mental toughness. This plan is still a bit sketchy, but I want to improve my inner monologues and visualization, which I know will help me be successful. This will probably require talking to one of my colleagues in sports psych, as well as revisiting my masters degree.

There you have it...my big goal for 2009. I feel like it is definitely specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely. I know that I can do it and I'm really looking forward to seeing it all happen. You'll get to read about it happening too.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

WOO-HOO!!! You can do it!