CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

06 January 2009

The Annual Trip to Walt Disney World

Tomorrow morning, I fly out for what has become the annual trip to Orlando, Florida for Walt Disney World Marathon weekend. This will be my third trip in a row and I think I might be more excited for this trip than any other one. For the first time, I have no worries or concerns or expectations about the races. This is sort of a new thing for me, but I'm thinking it might make for a very fun weekend.

I'm registered for all 3 races. I'm only planning on running the Circle of Life 5k that runs through Animal Kingdom. I honestly don't remember the last time I ran, but I'll be fine for the 5k. I'm not shooting for any PRs and all I really want is the really great medal.

On Saturday, my parents and I are going to be walking the 1/2 marathon. Last January, I signed up for Goofy again because I'm a big Dumbo. However, after volunteering for both the 1/2 and the full marathons, my dad decided that he wanted to join the party. He signed up to walk the 1/2 marathon. This will be his first race ever, so I figured I might as well walk too. My mom also signed up for the Goofy Challenge and she will be joining us. I've never walked a 1/2 marathon, but I'm really excited because this time, I get to stop and take pictures with the characters and hang out with my parents, who happen to be quite fun.

On Sunday, my friend Julie, my mom and I will be walking the full marathon. I've never walked a full marathon, although St. George did include alot of walking. My friend Julie is the Disney Diva so walking with her will definitely be fun. I'm also planning on stopping to take pictures with all of the characters on the course. Oh, and I will be sporting my Minnie ears because hey it's Disney.

While the races will be fun, I'm really looking forward to hitting the parks. I've only been to Animal Kingdom and I want to actually see Disney World. We have three days to visit the parks, so it should be fun. Oh, and did I mention that it will be in the 70s and sunny? Did I mention that I get to be outside in only 1 layer of clothes and sandals? Did I mention that this may be one of the funnest Disney trips yet?

So, yeah, that's how I'm spending my weekend. Life is pretty good.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds awesome, AJ. Enjoy your walks.
If you haven't already been on it, 'Tower of Terror' is a must-do. It's in the MGM park. Have fun!

See You at the Finish Line said...

Hello fellow Mouseketeer,
Or maybe I should say fellow "Dumbo". Signing up for the Goofy Challenge sounded a lot better at the time than it does now - especially with the weather related training challenges we've had in Dec.

You have a "magical" perspective on this trip - I'm sure all your dreams will come true. :)